Sponsorship Opportunities for PSA2016
The Twenty-Fifth Biennial Meeting of the Philosophy of Science Association took place November 3-5, 2016, in Atlanta Georgia, at the Westin Peachtree Plaza. We met jointly with the 2016 Meeting of the History of Science Society and the 2016 Meeting of the Society for Literature, Science, & the Arts. We expected over 1,600 delegates to attend from around the world (nearly one third of our members live outside the U.S), representing all levels of higher education institutions, as well as government offices, private corporations, museums, research centers, and many other organizations devoted to research and education.
The list below outlines sponsorship opportunities that include support for graduate students and young professionals, women scholars, and recognition of the best scholarship in the philosophy and history of science. If you find that you cannot make up your mind, multiple sponsorships are perfectly acceptable. We will acknowledge your gift in the meeting program, on the PSA web site, and in the meeting app (see deadlines below). We will also produce signage for the event that recognizes your assistance for the conference. Attendees will be well aware of and appreciate your support long after the meeting has concluded. This is a great way to promote your department, center, university, or organization. The PSA is a non-profit organization. All contributions are tax deductible for US citizens.
- PSA Public Forum: How Should Race Be Used in Medicine?: ($500 and up) – We held a public forum as an outreach event focused on the local community, with an expected attendance of 400. The session is structured to invite participation from students and faculty from area universities and interested members of the public, as well as being open to those attending the joint meeting.
- PSA Women's Caucus Breakfast ($500) – The breakfast is open to all attendees and is organized by the PSA Women's Caucus. The PSA Women's Caucus hosted its first breakfast in 2004, and the Caucus has since grown to become an important part of PSA.
- Graduate and Early Career Reception ($500) – Offers graduate students, comprising some 20% of attendees, and recent PhDs a chance to meet colleagues from around the world. The mixer is also attended by officers of the PSA who share guidance and advice.
- Onsite Childcare Services ($500 and up) – The PSA offered onsite childcare services to help those with children more easily attend the conference.
- Opening Joint PSA/HSS/SLSA Reception ($1,000 and up) – Held on the Thursday night of the conference, this reception, which featured some 1000 attendees, provided many guests their first opportunity in many months to meet and network with colleagues.
- PSA Poster Forum and Reception on Friday Evening ($1,000 and up) – The PSA held its first Poster Forum at the Twenty-Fifth Biennial Meeting of the Philosophy of Science Association. The Poster Forum and Reception was a forum where ideas and views on issues in philosophy of science could be exchanged. The attendance included almost all PSA delegates, some 550 scholars, as well as scholars from SLSA and HSS.
- Coffee Breaks ($500 and up) – These morning and afternoon breaks, offered in the always-popular exhibit area, provided delegates a chance to chat with colleagues, browse the books, and enjoy a relaxed time between sessions.
- Saturday Closing Reception ($1000 and up) – Held on the last evening of the meeting, following the PSA Awards Ceremony and PSA Presidential Address, the reception offered attendees a sophisticated atmosphere and was attended by around 800 attendees.
Benefits of each level of sponsorship:
- $500 to $999 – acknowledgement in the PSA Program, on the PSA Web site, on the meeting app, and signage at the event sponsored.
- $1,000 to $1,499 – complimentary registration for one, acknowledgement in the PSA program, on the meeting app, the PSA Website, and signage at the event sponsored.
- $1,500 to $2,499 – complimentary registration for two, acknowledgement in the PSA program, the meeting app, the PSA Website, and signage at the event sponsored.
- $2,500 and up – complimentary registration for two, acknowledgement in the PSA program, the meeting app, the PSA Web site, signage at the event sponsored, and delegate packet insert.
Deadlines for various Benefits:
- Deadline to appear on the print program: October 11, 2016.
- Deadline to appear on the website and meeting app: October 20, 2016.
- Deadline for program packet inserts: October 25, 2016.