The International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching (IHPST) Council has invited the PSA to submit a proposal for a special session during IHPST’s upcoming biennial meeting in Ankara, Turkey (July 4-7) in an effort to further promote inter-society discussion and exchange of ideas that got started at the PSA meeting. IHPST promotes research informed by the history, philosophy, and sociology of science and science education for the purpose of improving teaching, learning, and curricula at all levels. More information about IHPST and IHPST 2017 can be found at http://www.ihpst.net/.
The session will be 90 minutes long, and will be part of the official published program. Submitted proposals can vary in type and structure. However, the proposal for the session cannot include anyone as a presenter, commentator, or panelist who has been listed as a presenting author or commentator on a seminar or contributed paper/poster submission accepted by the regular program committee.
Proposal deadline: March 5, 2017
Instructions for proposals:
Proposals must include:
- The title of the proposed session
- A short descriptive summary of the proposal (100-200 words)
- A description of the topic and a justification of its current importance to the discipline (up to 1000 words)
- Titles and abstracts of all papers, with up to 500 words for the title and abstract of each paper (or equivalent information for alternative formats)
- A list of participants and either an abbreviated curriculum vitae or short biographical description (not to exceed 1 page) for each participant, including any non-presenting co-authors.
- Institutional affiliation and e-mail addresses for all participants, including any non-presenting co-authors.
- An indication of how the session will be run (e.g. panel discussion, round table, related paper set, etc.)