3rd Conference of the European Philosophy of Science Association
Athens, Greece, 5-8 October 2011
Submission deadline: 28 February 2011
The Third Conference of the European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA) will take place at the University of Athens, Greece, 5-8 October 2011. We invite contributed papers and proposals for symposia.
The conference has eight sections:
- General philosophy of science
- Philosophy of the physical sciences
- Philosophy of the life sciences
- Philosophy of the cognitive sciences
- Philosophy of the social sciences
- Philosophy of technology and applied research
- Formal philosophy of science
- Historical, social and cultural studies in philosophy of science
Please submit an extended abstract of 1000-1500 words. Abstracts should start with the number and title of the relevant section, followed by the title of the paper, the author's name, address, and email address. For example:
Section 8. Historical, Social and Cultural Studies in Philosophy of Science
CARNAP’S AUFBAU IN CONTEXT
St Moritz University
1928 Positivismusstrasse, Coherence, Neverland.
The allocated time for delivering contributed papers at the conference will be 30 minutes, including discussion.
Please submit a full proposal. This includes a general description of the topic of the proposed symposium and its significance (up to 1500 words), a 500-word abstract of each paper, and short CVs of all participants (up to 500 words each). Proposals should start with the number and title of the relevant section, followed by the title of the symposium, the organizer's name, address and email address, and the names and addresses of all other speakers. Accepted symposia will be allocated 120 minutes. They can have any format but the maximum number of speakers is 5.
All submissions have to be made electronically through the easychair system at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=epsa11.
- 28 February 2011: Submission deadline (contributed papers and symposia)
- 15 May 2011: Notification of acceptance
- 30 June 2011: Early registration deadline
- 5-8 October 2011: Conference